The Victorian Transclutural Mental Health agency will present an online information briefing on Change or suppresssion (conversion) practices in Victoria and the application of the new legislation. The speaker, Gregory Frank, Senior Engagement Adviser (Education and Engagement Branch), Victorian Equal Opportunity & Human Rights Commission. This event will be online on Wednesday, 15 March 2023.
Change or suppression (conversion) practices: Information briefing
At this seminar, registrants will:
- be briefed on the purpose of the Act and its objectives
- learn what is a change or suppression practice under the Change or Suppression (Conversion) Practices Prohibition Act 2021
- understand the harm caused by change or suppression practices
- identify remedies that can be taken when someone has experienced a change or suppression practice
- consider how to prevent harm and minimise vicarious liability.
More information about this legislation and change and suppression practices can be found here:
Change or Suppression (Conversion) Practices | Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission
About the speaker
Gregory Franik is a Senior Engagement Adviser with the Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission and has over 20 years of experience in education and strategic communication.
He has extensive experience designing, delivering and evaluating workplace training and education programs which build and embed equal opportunity and human rights best practice within organisational structures and team cultures.
Gregory’s work in strategic communications and stakeholder engagement has focused on capacity building, awareness programs and change and risk communication.
He is experienced in a broad range of sectors including secondary and tertiary education, the Arts and State and Local Government sectors.
His qualifications include
- Master of Communication (RMIT University)
- Graduate Certificate in information Technology Education (Deakin University)
- Graduate Diploma in Education (University of Melbourne)
- Bachelor of Science (University of Melbourne)
VTMH seminars are open to individuals, from all disciplines and working in all sectors, who are based in Australia and interested in diversity and mental health.
Please note, Trybooking is no longer supported by Internet Explorer so you will have to use another web browser such as Google Chrome, in order to make your booking.
Program: Information briefing: Change or suppression (conversion) practices
Date: Wednesday, 15 March 2023
Location: Online via Zoom
Registration: Online using Trybooking
Link: details to be sent to registrants in advance
Time: 3.00pm – 4.00pm