The proposals for an Indigenous Voice would provide a way for Indigenous Australians to provide advice and input on matters that are important to improve their lives.
It could be made up of two parts – Local and Regional Voices and a National Voice.
Indigenous voice consultations will be held in Shepparton at 12:00 and 5pm on Wednesday 7 April at the Department of Rural Health, Graham Street, Shepparton.
The proposals for anIndigenous Voice would provide a way for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians to provide advice and input on matters that are important to improve their lives.
Local and Regional Voices would be community designed and led governance structures at a regional level. The National Voice would be a national body made up of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Public consultation and input is critical to ensure the best possible proposals are presented by the Indigenous Voice co-design groups in their final report to the Australian Government.
Now is the time to provide your feedback on the proposals at a consultation session or, you can find out more and complete a survey or submission at any time on the Indigenous Voice website.
- To get the most out of the consultation session you are strongly encouraged to review the proposals ahead of the session.
- Sessions are flexible in timing, and will run for around 2.5 to 3.5 hours. Sessions with a greater number of participants may run for closer to 3.5 hours.
- Consultation sessions are public events, please beware photos and/or videos may be taken on the day.
- Attendee numbers for consultation sessions are strictly limited due to COVID restrictions. Only registered attendees will be allowed into the venue to ensure we are meeting COVID requirements.
- Each consultation session will abide by the hosting venue’s COVID safety plan, including any restrictions on capacity. Please refer to your relevant state/territory government’s COVID information page for updates.
- We want to make sure everyone has a chance to have their say. To ensure a safe and productive session, anti-social or disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated.
Type: Community consultation
Date and time: 7 April 2021
First Session: 12:00pm Register here
Second Session 5:00 pm Register here
Session duration: 2.5 – 3 hrs
Location: University of Melbourne, Department of Rural Health, 49 Graham St, Shepparton