GV Health has tested 492 people for COVID-19 as at 6:00pm today. The testing sites have remained open into the evening beyond the scheduled closing times to accommodate additional demand. This is a large outbreak that has changed quickly over the past 24 hours. GV Health acknowledges there has been delays at our testing sites today and we are sorry this has occurred.
COVID-19 Testing Today ~
However, GV Health has increased the number of testing sites in Shepparton as of tomorrow with support from health services in regional Victoria and the Australian Defence Force. There have also been improvements in the registration process for people presenting for testing which will reduce the time the testing process takes.
An additional drive through testing location that will have two separate testing points at the Shepparton Sports Precinct will be available from Thursday. See details below.
There has also been additional community based COVID-19 testing undertaken at the Princes Park Medical Centre today with 335 people tested as at 6:00pm.
Current Active Cases and Close Contacts ~
There are three cases of people that have tested positive for COVID-19 in the Shepparton region that are considered to be active cases. These three cases are linked to the Chadstone Outbreak. These people are self-isolating at home and are being monitored.
GV Health is undertaking contact tracing and testing now and into the evening, with further information to be provided as soon as it is available.
At this stage, there are currently 411 close contacts and 70 secondary close contacts identified in relation to the outbreak in Shepparton and this number may change in coming days. This is an evolving outbreak and further information will be provided as soon as it becomes available.
High-Risk Locations in Shepparton ~
If you have visited any of the high-risk locations below during the dates and times identified you should get tested and quarantine for 14 days. Even if you don’t have any symptoms or only mild symptoms.
* Central Tyre Service, Welsford Street Shepparton on Wednesday 30 September to Tuesday 13 October 2020
* Mooroopna Golf Club Members Bar Sunday 4 October from 11:00am to 2:00pm and Sunday 11 October 2020 from 11:00am to 2:00pm
* Bombshell Hairdressing, Fryers Street Shepparton on Wednesday 7 October 2020 from 9:30am
* Thai Orchid Restaurant, Nixon Street Shepparton on Wednesday 7 October 2020 from 7:00pm
* Shepparton Market Place Medical Centre Midland Highway Shepparton Thursday 8 October 2020 from 9:15am to 10:15am
Locations of Concern – Updated ~
If you have visited any of the locations of concern below you should get tested and stay at home while you await your results. In addition, people should be vigilant for symptoms of COVID-19 and get tested again at the first sign of any symptoms.
* Bunnings Warehouse Shepparton Benalla Road Shepparton Wednesday 30 September 2020 from 5:00pm to 7:00pm
* McDonalds Shepparton North Numurkah Road Shepparton Saturday 3 October 2020 from 12:00pm to 2:00pm
* Lemon Tree Café Fryers Street Shepparton Wednesday 7 October to Monday 12 October 2020
* Mooroopna Golf Club Pro Shop Sunday 11 October 2020 from 11:00am to 2:00pm
* Caltex Kalkallo Service Centre South Bound 1340 Hume Freeway Kalkallo 30 September 2020 form 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Getting Tested – Acute Respiratory Clinic & Pop-Up Testing Clinics
There are a number of sites in Shepparton where people can get tested for COVID-19 including:
* Acute Respiratory Clinic at Graham Street, Shepparton is open seven days per week from 8:00am to 5:30pm. People who have symptoms are encouraged to this location.
* The McIntosh Centre at Shepparton Showgrounds corner of Thompson Street and High Street from 8:00am to 5:30pm. People who do not have symptoms are encouraged to this location.
* Two separate drive through clinics at the Shepparton Sports Precinct, corner of Numurkah Road and Brauman Street, Shepparton.
– Location 1: Soccer Fields car park from 12 noon.
– Location 2: Netball Courts car park from 10:00am to 5:30pm.
People who do and do not have symptoms of COVID-19 can attend this site.
* Shepparton Respiratory Clinic – 172 Welsford Street SHEPPARTON by appointment
General Advice ~
Anyone who is unwell with any symptoms of COVID-19, no matter how mild (such as fever, chills, cough, sore throat, runny nose, loss of sense of smell) and who attended these locations on these dates and times should get tested immediately and stay at home until you receive the result.
Do not go about your normal day-to-day activities such as work or going out in the community.
Community Cases in the Goulburn Valley ~
There are no people in the Benalla, Campaspe, Moira and Strathbogie regions that have tested positive for COVID-19 that are considered to be an active case.
21 total views, 1 views today