Heart of Mindfulness will conduct an 8 week Mindfulness-based Stillness Meditation Course at Kyabram Town Hall commencing Tuesday, 8 October 2019.
This 8-week course gently leads you into the practice of mindfulness meditation. We go step by step through the process, providing some theory and guided practice.
During the course we’ll practice mindfulness of sounds, breathing, the body, emotions and thoughts. And we’ll discuss:
- preparation for meditation (environment, relaxation, posture, attitude)
- obstacles to mindfulness and how to deal with them
- stress response and the relaxation response
- thinking and awareness
- contents of awareness and qualities of awareness
- cognitive and affective aspects of emotions
- movement and stillness
- mindfulness in daily life.
Classes are run over 8 consecutive Tuesday evenings from 7 to 9pm. Each class will include meditation practice as well as theory.
- printed course notes
- access to online materials (guided meditations and readings).
You will need to be willing to set aside 10-15 minutes each day to practice.
If you have a mental health condition you must get a clearance from your doctor or psychologist before attending this course.
After you register, we will send you a questionnaire to complete.
This course is facilitated by Dey Alexander. Dey:
- trained as a meditation teacher at the Yarra Valley Living Centre, part of the Gawler Foundation
- registered as a meditation teacher with the Meditation Association of Australia.
We offer refunds (minus the $4.99 registration fee charged to us by Eventbrite) up to a day before the course starts.
Once the course has started, we do not offer refunds.
Program: Mindfulness-based Stillness Meditation Course
Location: Kyabram Town Hall, 199 Allan St, Kyabram, 3620
Date: Commencing Tuesday 8 October
Bookings: Online at Eventbrite
282 total views, 1 views today