All are welcome to come together to be consumed by the achievements of women, and to celebrate the benefits that women bring to the wider community.
Be consumed by conversation.
Be consumed by laughter.
Be consumed by thought provoking people.
Be consumed by good food!
Inspiring women will tell us their 'Stories of Prejudice and Pride', and explore the obstacles they have had to overcome to get to a place of pride. The guest speakers are:
- Dr Leslie Cannold - Ethicist, researcher, educator and public presenter on values-driven leadership, gender equity and respectful relationships
- Natasha Bamblett - dancer and young Aboriginal leader
- Elaine Cooney - Journalist
- Seema Abdullah - Greater Shepparton Women's Charter Alliance Advisory Committee Member
- Jeanette Collinson - local Enabling Women Leadership Program graduate
The conversation will be facilitated by local woman Fiona Smolenaars. Fiona has her own facilitation business, Innovative Outcomes, specialising in community development, strategic planning and project management.
As well as being inspired by the guest speakers, there will be food, entertainment, and the results of the #SuperWomanPose campaign will be on display.
So join us for an evening of fun, food, and interesting conversation.
- WHEN: Tuesday 8 March 2016 at 6pm.
- WHERE: St Paul's African House, 54 Poplar Avenue Shepparton.
- RSVP: Please RSVP through EventBrite
- FURTHER INFORMATION: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 5832 9479 during business hours.
Why not be a super hero too and take a picture of yourself standing like a super hero, and upload your photo to #SuperWomanPose (http://websta.me/tag/superwomanpose ). Some of the photos from the #SuperWomanPose campaign will be shown at the International Women’s Day event.
It’s going to be a great women's night!
346 total views, 1 views today